View Single Post
Old 06-18-19, 10:00 AM   #737
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Is the price of a human life worth paying though?

If the suspect is found guilty I hope it will bring some form of closure to the victims family.
How much is a country or a culture allowed to be destroyed to save just a single human's life? Does a life justify to drive a whokle ciontient against the wall?

A life is precious. The human dignity is untouchable, says the first article of the German Basic Law. But I insist on that a single human life is not the navel of the universe.

Its a thing with huge ethical implications, I know it, and you know it as well. But I refuse to put the single life always ahead of all and everythign else, as if nothing and nobody else would exist. A cynic would argue the other way around: with 7.8 billion people on Earth and over 10 billion soon, one life more or less does not matter, the Earth would benefit if it were several billions less.

BTW, I doubt that this single murder will change anything. I want to express that if you push through in a pseudo-totalitarian style your command-policy in an arrogant and haughty style like Merkel'S regime did since 2015, you shall not complain about your harvest being according to how you sowed. The rise of the AFD is part of that harvest, the massive fall of CDU and SPD is another one. And single individuals ticking out and going on killing sprees is also part of it. The only surprise is that somethign like this happened just so late.

What many establishment politicians still have not understood is that there lies a huge danger in the burgeoise middle ground of society more and more tolerating right extremists taking over the role of confronting the regime, since th e4tr9ojdmnaryx citgizen sees that his concerns and hios opinion doe snot get accepted by the estabölishment and the regime heads instead just push thrpough their agenda, no matter what. They contin ue no matter what the spoial middle class thinks of it, becasue said estalbishement canot im,agien that one doers not agree in finding it so fantastic and greta that one would not agree with it. "We are too fanatstric as if one could not love uzs",m is the regime motto, it seems. No wonder then that a silent tolerance for more drastic forms of expressing resistance and rejection grows all around, and becomes en vogue again. Meanwhile, the official regime propaganda slogans more and more almost perfectly copy the slogans and synatx as last heard in the paroles as common in the GDR.

We are heading into a massive clash.

---

The deed wa smurder, and the opffender should be punsihed accoprding to the laws for murder. But while I have no personal sympathy for him, in this case I also have no sympathy for his victim.