View Single Post
Old 06-17-19, 04:24 PM   #8265
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
Thanks and I will double check my Nvidia Inspector settings on that.

Of note to me. Possibly you already know. But Truk. Mid to late February 1944. The spawns are a mess. Possibly traffic files too. Streamed last night and went to the island with the Japanese airfield. On the SE side of that island found two IJN submarines spawned in siamese twin fashion. A freighter and sub chaser nearby. All stationary. Sank all four and was left with an icon on the map near where the sunk sub markers were. Icon showed warship stationary but there was nothing there. Just to be sure I took my boat right up to the icon and flew the free camera all around both above and below the water. Nothing to be seen. Went around to the docks on the west side of the island right next to the airfield. Looked south to the western side of the next island south and saw a column of smoke. Flew free camera to investigate. Found a beached sub chaser on fire. He may have been the only ship that was intended to be mobile and not stationary. All other boats encountered were stationary. Also saw lifeboat with crew aboard in one dock slip and found a sunken cruiser in the adjacent slip.
OK, by February, the IJN is painfully aware of the fact that they will probably be getting a hot-foot at Truk rather shortly, so by then, their captial ships are leaving in droves. Here's a composite of the 43a Jap HarborTraffic layer, and the Jap BB and Subs layers,

first with the southwest island, with only two RGG:

then of Dubion and its dock:

And finally of Moen, which is where I'm suspecting you are seeing the issue:

There are three subs that can spawn in that shot, and what I think I'm going to do is move them into the Jap Harbor Traffic layer, by date, and attempt to "limit" them that way... There should only be ONE and only ONE sub spawning in each of the locations, but something happened... Part of the problem might lay in the traffic going through the atoll, and it might be that everything has to be "static", which is what Pearl is beginning to look like... We've actually got worse "traffic patterns" through these harbor areas than what we used to have... You would think that with the crews set to "Elite", that they wouldn't run into each other as much... - Anyway, looking into that (again) for the next release.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote