Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-16-19, 08:25 AM   #8254
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Shouting ~and~ making noise doing repairs while under Silent Running, eh?... A court martial is necessary when -if- you make it back to base...

I wish my boat would have lasted a little longer the other day when I was testing an encounter with that same group that you saw south of Davao. I purposefully lay-in-wait off of Formosa for them for observation, and found them. They found me, and I took damage, but it didn't take but three passes for them to finish me off - and the first pass was just a "maybe I'll scare them" 3-can drop from a 2nd class DD... I present my PM sent to team members:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie

I however, direct your attention to

SufferinSuccotash.pdf

The pdf linked to there has pix of the group, slightly different make-up, with no CA. Just notice though, that it's supposed to have been a single file Task Force, in light of the fact that it has an optional route into and out of Truk. We don't want two or three (or more) across groups trying to get through Truk Atoll and its restricted waterways... Anyway, the last picture in that pdf is about 30 seconds before I died. I went back into the control room in order to activate the Damage Control Team, at just about the same time that a third pass went overhead, and apparently put a couple of cans right on my deck plating. I don't see the Event Viewer come on too often when cans get dropped, but it did twice in that scenario. On the 2nd and 3rd passes both... sheesh... but I'll look into what you describe, because it is my understanding that the Damage Team in not supposed to be active under Silent Running - ' Course, if I'm in the torpedo room, and a valve goes shooting across in front of my face and bounces off the bulkhead, or takes my buddy's face off, I'm going to do something about it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote