View Single Post
Old 06-09-19, 09:56 AM   #13
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolc View Post
BTW...your videos are helpful...did you do one covering use of torpedoes with the MH60? I saw the strike missile one. I am assuming the procedure is similar but my torps keep missing...I figure I am either not firing it correctly or I haven't sufficiently identified the target for it to acquire properly...but don't know...

Thank you! I'm glad they helped. I never did make that air-dropped torpedoes video. I will say that air-dropped torpedoes require much more accuracy in their placement than submarine-based torpedoes. The lightweight torpedo seeker heads are not as powerful, so you really need to know the position of the submarine you're dropping against. You should be doing final localization with a DICASS (active) sonobuoy. You could maybe use the dipping sonar but at least with the DICASS you can move around to get into a better position for dropping. I always preferred trying to come up from behind the submarine with a torpedo set to SNAKE as I seemed to have difficulties using CIRCLE, but I don't have as much experience air-dropping torpedoes. If you're using RA, I think the lightweight torpedo seeker heads are even weaker, but I don't know for certain.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote