View Single Post
Old 06-03-19, 08:34 AM   #7057
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
That such a imature imposter could make it to president and could not be removed, and that the two party system could drift so far apart and polarize society like it does, illustrates perfectly that the US is in a deep constitutional crisis for sure.
Because certain people do not like the President and his policies and want him gone does not make a constitutional crisis. Not even close. One example of a crisis would be if there was an attempt to indict Mr. Trump for obstruction of justice. As noted, Mr Mueller chose not to do this for very good reasons. One to avoid an unnesessary crisis and two because then there would have to be a trial in which all of Mr. Mueller's methods and evidence would be exposed. Guaranteed he wants to avoid that.

Quote:
Impeachmeent was introduced as a means to avoid wrong wrongdoing presidents maximising their damages over two terms.
Not quite. If opposing political parties had their way every President would be impeached.

I'll go on record to say I am not a big fan of Mr.Trump. There are lots of things he does that I don't like but I do not see him as some kind of threat to the Constitution or the rule of Government. At least not more than any other President. I notced you are criticizing Trump and GW Bush but you missed a guy.

Mr. Trump, to our knowledge has yet to put members of the media and their families under surveillance. Or weaponize the IRS to go after his political rivals. And there is now the possibility that the Obama administration used the FBI and the intellegence agencies to help Clinton and hurt Trump. I sincerly hope that last one is not true but more and more the evidence is suggesting that some wrong doing occured.

Presidents come and go. So far in my opinion the best thing President Trump has done is to put two people on the Supreme Court who will interpret the Constitution the way it was written rather than by some SJW creed they happen to believe at the moment. It is possible he will get to add to the Court and some people don't like that.

The proper way to remove a President from office is by voting him out of office. Although that election is not too far off it seems to me that this is the least likely path that Dems want to take. I wonder why? Looking at the current slate of potential candidates it's not hard to see why. As Bill Maher just recently said, "I know more about what Democratic candidates have apologized for than I know their stance on the issues."

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by u crank; 06-03-19 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Spelling.