View Single Post
Old 05-31-19, 03:21 PM   #10107
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Pressure from the left provokes counter-pressure from the right.
Like at the end of the Weimar Republic. If you think that the right will ever play by the rules and give back power to democratic elections you must be delusional.

Saying the right wing CDU has introduced "leftist" views or "communism" is nonsense, and you (should) know it. What i hear by you is the typical "Wutbuerger" and deny-it-all "logic".

The old german classic right-wing conservative CDU has shifted to other points of view under Mrs Merkel you are certainly right. But it has been a right wing party in Germany that has governed since decades with a short break with the SPD's Schroeder.

On the other hand Merkel does a lot in the interest of Germany, economically. She usually bases her decisions on science and german interest, sometimes hard to combine. Whether she is right about immigration is everyone's personal point of view, but i like this much more than "taking back control", vote for the far right, encourage rabble-rousers and building walls which does not solve any problem.
You prefer the likes of CDU's Merz and Koch?

If you want less refugees go to the roots, do not export weapons to immigrant countries, help those countries to improve civilian society, infrastructure and a perspective and better conditions for the young. What the US and partly the UK does breeds terrorists. "Despite much evidence to the contrary, the American foreign policy community--
and to a lesser extent, the American public—avoids (like the plague) accepting any
notion that U.S. actions overseas could result in blowback."

I do not like the Cato institue very much, but they have their merits: https://wcfia.harvard.edu/files/wcfi.../615_eland.pdf

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.