View Single Post
Old 05-18-19, 11:44 AM   #12202
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1359
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Recently I was only able to evade 4 destroyers that were circling around me at less than 1000 m by going Full Speed at 80 feet depth, I was not pinged at anymore. Instead at 160 feet at slow speed I was always pinged. So the IRAI routine has its flaws and is not logical at all. But unpredictable: Yes. Who would have guessed right that this foolish tactic would work?

According to that, Depth and Silence are NOT your best friends, sorry, not in SH5 with IRAI at least...
Even in real life, a lot depends on luck ... and the kind of depth of recharge they used ... of course ...
CIT.
"The Royal Navy Type D depth charge was designated the "Mark VII" in 1939.[9] Initial sinking speed was 7 ft/s (2.1 m/s) with a terminal velocity of 9.9 ft/s (3.0 m/s) at a depth of 250 ft (76 m) if rolled off the stern, or upon water contact from a depth charge thrower.[9] Cast iron weights of 150 lb (68 kg) were attached to the Mark VII at the end of 1940 to increase sinking velocity to 16.8 ft/s (5.1 m/s).[9] New hydrostatic pistols increased the maximum detonation depth to 900 ft (270 m).[9]"