View Single Post
Old 05-03-19, 03:52 PM   #1
AlbrechtLang
Nub

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Mod Installation Sequence

Greetings Kapitäns!

Been playing SH3 for a long while now, and I've been trying various mods and finally found a balance of supermods and mods that I want to use. Trouble is, I'm unsure of the sequence of installation on top of a stock Silent Hunter III in order to avoid corrupting files and making my game unplayable.

I have the stock Silent Hunter III 1.4 installation at the ready. I also have the GWX installer, as well as the LifeBoats&Debris_v4 and Stiebler h.sie mod at the ready. As my installation currently stands, I have SH3 installed with GWX, LBD_v4 and SH3 Commander mods applied without issue. I want to install the Stiebler4C_V16B1 mod as well, but reading the documentation states that I have to install on a clean version of SH3.

My thoughts are as follows:
1) Install stock SH3
2) Install Stiebler4C_V16B1 with the HsieOptionsSelector
3) Install Grey Wolves Gold 3.0
4) Install SH3 Commander with the configuration file tune installed afterward

I ran this by a friend of mine and he agrees that it seems like a viable installation process for the supermods and mods. I am not at risk of losing any career information since I'm starting anew after a failed assault on Loch Ewe (43 men dead, boat lost in action), so deleting what I already have is no issue. If anybody has any input on a proper installation sequence, I would be greatly appreciative of your input and advice!

Kpt. Albrecht Lang
AlbrechtLang is offline   Reply With Quote