View Single Post
Old 04-24-19, 01:44 PM   #1917
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I think Rashford has the goods. If I were United manager (perish the thought) I would start him alone up front. Lukaku goes to the bench until I find someone to buy him while I supplement half of his wages for the honor. Give Rashford a run as a center forward so you know what you've got.

I understand United feel the need to play Lukaku partly due to his cost and partly due to the fact he has hit the heights before. But he doesn't do it for United. Four games left, you know what you have in him. Let Rashford play up top and then go from there at season's end.

Aside from goalkeeper I can't think of a position where United don't need strengthening. Smalling and Lindelof cannot be the starting central pair in a team with title aspirations. Lingard's been a better player than I thought he would be. Maybe McTomminay will be too. Matic was bought three years too late.

And a word about Sanchez.... he's been a hugely expensive flop, but I didn't predict that. I thought he would do what he's always done. Run hard and pop up with goals. He still runs hard...

United's mistake was paying him so much. If it doesn't work out you're left with no market, unless you want to pay him while he plays for someone else. Or hope PSG want him.

Last edited by Threadfin; 04-24-19 at 02:02 PM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote