View Single Post
Old 04-24-19, 10:24 AM   #1911
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'd like to see TOON crush Liverpools title ambitions when they meet but we are all allowed to dream I suppose

Understandable, and I would expect nothing less. And there's the Rafa factor, and he'll be especially keen for that one I reckon. That match is exactly the sort Liverpool have tripped over, this season too.

Liverpool can afford no dropped points, and need City to. Today, please.

As for Solskjaer... I said at the time he was made permanent that United did so too soon. His early success I think was due to the ABM factor, Anyone But Mourinho.

Too much is made of the United Way, and they sing and chirp about hiring someone who 'knows United'. How about a good manager instead? Maybe he will prove to be one, but sorting out the mess that is their roster is a tall order. Is he tactically astute enough to steer United through tough matches? Does he have the man management skills required? Can he spot a bargain? Can he evaluate talent? Can he navigate knockout tournaments?

Or does none of that matter as long as he knows the boot room attendant by first name? He is already sending up smoke signals about needing a new team. But who wants to come and join this mess? They are going to miss CL qualification most likely. Not an attractive destination at the moment.

United are on the precipice of becoming Liverpool 20 years ago. Woodward needs to be fired ASAP. Or relegated to the business side of the club, and leave the sporting side to someone else. Their signings over the past few windows scream of panic and incompetence. Sanchez hangs over the club as the shining example of their recent transfer policy. Substandard players, high wage bill, discontent is what they have bought for their hundreds of millions.

Now, few things in life please me more than United in turmoil, so I hope that all this goes unheeded and they plunge in to the depths of mid-table, all the while paying Sanchez obscene amounts of money to run around on the pitch occasionally.