Old 04-11-19, 11:03 AM   #11969
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKD View Post
Thanks for the input!

Sorry, but use of the Ship's Journal is clear as mud to me as a new user. When do I create ship's journal? Before or after starting the first campaign? When I click on the created journal, I get sent to the editor program, but also get a failed loading message. But I can the load the file with the name I chose.

I see that OFEV has options to set U-boat hull number and captain and also instructs to make changes to a .cfg file. Do I do this before or after starting a new campaign? Before or after creating a journal?

Could really use a step-by-step on how to properly start your first campaign. Got the save in bunker and reload part as that is clear in documentation, but totally lost on journal, captain's name (the game ask for this on new campaign start, so why are there options to set this in journal and OFEV?), and how I first get a hull number.

No, radio messages are addressed to "U-**" (this is without creating a journal or doing anything in OFEV or .cfg file)

Okay, so if the script is activated, it is always activated? Doesn't matter if you are at battle stations or not. Also it is not meant run alongside the normal position fix script, i.e. I can only have one or the other activated?

Shame. It seemed to block locking (X) and designating a target (SPACEBAR) entirely, I think even with periscopes also, but perhaps there was something else going on.
You should start a campaign first, and then create a journal and change your hull number. This is because starting a campaign actually creates the necessary files. Do not worry, you can do this while on patrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
To know exactly your U-boat and statistics, launch KSD Commander
^this

Basically you should create a journal file, and then save and exit your game once you are well clear of the harbor and any shipping, and then launch KSD commander to see your hull number and make the changes in the Options File Editor Viewer.

You won´t have to do that again until you get a new boat, which will of course have a new number assigned to it.

The real navigation position script is activated as long as you keep it activated. You can stop it at any time in the automation menu. You can also run multiple scripts together, but I would not advise to have the battlestation script running all the time. If will very quickly fill up your map with useless navmarks. This could have an impact on performance.
Only use it during an engagement, or while sneaking into a harbor. You can keep the regular position fix script active during that time.

Do you want to have automatic targeting of ships? I can not help with that. I only play with manual targeting so I need to measure or plot the target data. (PS, click on the Video in my signature to see how that is done).
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote