Old 04-07-19, 09:12 PM   #2
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedishen View Post
Hi all/

Wanted to ask this in the Magui thread but its locked.

Long story short, the torpedo depth dials for attack periscope and UZO are showing 5m deeper than the F6 (attack map?) gauge.

I can set my torp depths using Magui dials to lets say 5m. On the F6 screen dials, they show 0m.

I then set my F6 screen dials to 5m and the Magui dials show 10m.

Intrigued, i set my Magui dials to 0m and yay, the F6 dials show 0m.. so i go back to magui dials (UZO or periscope) without touching depth.... and the magui dials are back at 5m.... switch back to F6 dials and they show 0m....

This explains why my torps are sailing way under the boats even when I thought I set them all to 1m.

So i thought this was because of some change made by another mod. I remove all mods except Magui. Still does it.

So then I think its because of the Steibler patch (which changes how often torp failures occur).... Swap over for the 1.4b 4gig patched exe. Still does it.

So, maybe it just happens on all supermods... I load up GXW 3 gold. The torp depth dials coincide always....

Anybody got any ideas?

Im currently looking through the dials.cfg files for both NYGM and GWX to see the differences. If I find anything, I post it here. Not really know what most of it does though.
I'd bet one or more of your mods/game install is messed up. Hsie's patch has the torpedo failure option (not Stiebler's), and it doesn't affect the depth settings visuals in the tdc, scopes, or uzo.
It can affect the actual depth the torpedo runs at., i.e., you could have it set at x on the tdc, etc., but it runs x + when fired. That's how it's model works, so no error there.
But again, the actual depth control visuals aren't affected by that.