View Single Post
Old 04-04-19, 05:31 AM   #17
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Weird... I just tried it and the flag size stays about the same (roughly 1,5 times as high as the flagpole). It might be shorter horizontally with #FLS but I'm not sure.
Maybe #FLS flag nodes are just a SHIII/SHIV thing. As I said in my previous post, in SH5 there might be a better way to reduce flag size (if the gr2 format is used).

Quote:
Another minor thing I've noticed with the flag is that while it moves around with flagpole as ship bounces on waves, it doesn't seem to tilt accordingly, so with bigger waves you can see flag edges moving away from the flagpole.
That's weird, I have never seen anything similar

Quote:
(and yes, I've tried simplier .dat import through s3ditor first, though I still intend to try doing a gr2 version as well. This way I'll learn how both available editors work)
Okay, importing your first vessel as a dat unit will be a good exercise, even if at some point you will decide to switch to the gr2 format

Quote:
If I can't get the flag smaller, I'll probably just lower the yard (is this the correct English term?) a bit to accomodate for bigger flag.
I am not a native English speaker either, but I think that a yard is an horizontal pole crossing a mast at a 90 deg angle in the port/starboard direction. I don't know how you want to accomodate the flag on your ship model, but to the bets of my knowledge naval ensigns were (and are) usually flown from a ensign staff at the ship's stern while at port, and from a gaff (i.e. a slanted pole usually diverging from a mast in the longitudinal direction) over the stern while underway. Maybe the picture below will make things clearer for you:

gap is offline   Reply With Quote