View Single Post
Old 04-02-19, 02:10 PM   #9
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
yes, i am aware of these conversions to binary but yesterday ,as i was searching, i think that i found something very close to TexFmt lines
[...]
Sh3 is using at TexFmt lines the values 0x2 , 0x9 , 0xA and 0xB* which in decimal give 2 , 9 , 10 and 11 respectively.
So , it seems these TexFmt lines lead directly to tga format type 2 , type 9 ,type 10 and type 11 respectively.
*it also uses to some entries the value TexFmt=0x5 and to two entries the TexFmt=0x8 which is puzzling
Texture format (TexFmt) duplicates the type of image contained in the texture file. I don't know why the SH3 in so many places duplicates information, which is already included in the resources, but apparently the developers did not want to be addicted to the evolving standards for encoding image files.
As for types 5 and 8, I think that these are formats that have not become a standard or were probably obsolete when you saved the specification you found.

Quote:
this is just a thought by looking at this document (as it was so close to the values used by sh3) and ,of course, the binaries to be the way.Are you sure that you saw ,at this tutorial you mentioned, a matching to binaries?
Yes, but I just forgot that these values simply correspond to the Targa formats you have found.

Quote:
MatFlags look more responsible for the diplay behaviour of image (seem to have a combination with the Display lines) as , by changing MatFlags values, i see images getting stretched or start repeating themselfs till fulling the screen or their altered dimension
As long as we do not have access to the tutorial to which someone has also experimented experimentally to check the effects, we need to discover these values in menu1024x768.ini.
I once remembered them all doing the old widescreen gui for GWX, but now I would have to trace and recreate everything again.

Quote:
Lets hope this tutorial to be found and spread some light
It seems that a lot of useful knowledge that was extremely useful for editing the GUI at the moment has been lost. I was sure that all modders use and develop this knowledge, but apparently I was wrong.
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote