View Single Post
Old 06-02-06, 02:30 AM   #118
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

I was first introduced to subsim by a friend. Once I saw Neal's firm, fair manner with the ner-do-wells I was hooked....

Okay...bad drawings aside....serious mode.

I first learned about the subsim forum through the web address on the back pages of the old Silent Hunter 2 manual.

I first visited in October of 2001...I believe I signed on in November of that year. Seems so long ago sonny...

What I most recall most then were the post 9/11 discussions...and a lot of carping over broken or unfufilled SH2 features like silent running, canned campaign, low screen resolution, evil corporate Ubisoft. This was back in the EZ Board daze.

Have always been Torplexed...although it seemed a lame choice at the time. Mebbe someday I'll change my name to AbbaFan 2.

Favorite memories...Drebbel in the dock. Sailor Steve doing his best Perry Mason to spring him....Neal and Co. actually enjoying the strange cartoons....Wondering how come all these continental Europeans communicate better in English than I do?

Least favorite memory....Akula's 800 pixel wide signature images...stacked one atop the other.
More good memories than bad.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Torplexed is offline   Reply With Quote