Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-26-19, 11:21 AM   #7847
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS13 View Post
Installed and did the some training missions. Here is some initial feedback.

Comments:
- UI looks great. Intro looks great. Help menu is great. All in all, very professional. Environment etc look great.

- Strangely enough, it performs better on my laptop than TMO 2.5.

- A gripe I have with every Silent Hunter mod ever is that the water/sea sound is not loud enough (either when inside the sub or on bridge). Might be because I generally like hearing the sound of sea, but I 'd like it to be louder.

- The compass (middle gauge) overlaps significantly with the torpedo panel (on the attack periscope screen and on all screens that have a torpedo panel). I can still see and press all the torpedo buttons (barely), but it doesn't look good.

Questions:
- Is it possible to turn music off during gameplay but keep it on while on the menu?

- On the F1 radar page, it recommends sometimes turning the radar off for time compression reasons. Aren't there other reasons to turn radar off? In particular, can't the enemy spot our radar signal?

- I am playing this on a (relatively modern) laptop. The laptop does heat slightly (while with the stock game it doesn't heat at all), but hasn't overheated yet. I will be keeping an eye on it. For laptop temperature purposes, do you have a recommendation as to whether I should be using my integrated graphics card or my high performance card? Both cards seem to be working fine with the mod, I just don't know which one is going to keep lower temperatures.

- I see that you went with black dots on the nav map. Is there a way to bring back full information on the nav map? Not sure I am willing to play without it. I don't know if it is possible, but it would be great if you offered the additional option of full information on the map (as in the stock game) on gameplay settings.
music question: music is either on or off. using the between-missions-options screen you can also control the main volume but there is no situational music control.

radar question: yes, the enemy CAN and WILL detect you if you are operating your radar and come within range of their radar-detection.

vid card question: i would think that you cannot determine which of the two chips you can use for any one application BUT (big but) there may be a windows-option that allows that. i will step aside if any others have more experience in this issue.

black dots question: not sure what you mean. can you explain in a bit more detail?

good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote