View Single Post
Old 03-18-19, 06:03 AM   #9494
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
And it has helped a lot of smaller countries to get their economy going, to the benefit of all.
[/url]
You mean Greece, Italy Spain Portugal etc? the benefit was short lived Catfish.

It helped get their economies going for while, via having them piling up debt, in an artificial bubble that popped in 2009. And now many of them live under the misery of austerity with 20 something percent youth unemployment.
and on top of these issues they are expected to embrace a quota of the uncontrolled migration mostly from sub Saharan Africa.
But those nations have next to no jobs or government welfare, most of the migrants don't even want to settle there, they want to get to Germany or Sweden where they have better prospects.
Austerity, youth unemployment, mass migration and enforced Political correctness is the perfect storm for far right ideology to take hold.

Of course I'm not entirely blaming the EU for this, as its multi faceted, but they are partly responsible, as is the case when anyone gets in to debt troubles, you take in to account the actions of that indervidual (nation), those that lent to them (financial institutions/IMF etc) and those that egged them on because they had something to gain (the Eu).
Poland on other hand, economically grew more within it means (and refused migrants) and the Poles are undeniably doing better, both socially and economically than member states who took the other route.

Those are my two biggest concerns with the EU, creeping authoritarianism (still weakly enforced but its intended none the less)
An institution which seeks to expand without dealing with its financial rot, can only have one eventual outcome - collapse.

Now the UK is going to ask the EU for an extension to Brexit, The EU will choose weather or not grant this based on what they prefer.

a) leave to crash out - in the hope it will be chaotic and make an example to other Euro skeptic member states.

b) £20-13 Billion a year + perk of maintaining some control over UK law and policy.

If I'm right, they will go for option b) because they need money.
If I'm wrong and they are in fact financially sustainable, they will pick option a)

Their response to the extension will speak volumes on their current state. Lets see shall we.

Last edited by JU_88; 03-18-19 at 06:51 AM.