View Single Post
Old 03-14-19, 06:54 PM   #7724
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
the reason you didnt have to edit anything previously is probably because the modder set that value = 2048 before publishing the mod.

if you edit the Main.cfg you MAY find that the change did not become effective. that is because SH4 stores an additional copy of the Main.cfg in the savefile folders. i do not want to confuse you (too much) at this stage, so make the change and if it was successful you are done. if not, let me know and i'll tell you where to delete the bad file.
Forgive me for not being clear.

I have had three clean installs in the last month or so. The first two had the TC capped at 2048 the third however capped at 8192. There has been no editing on my part. On the last clean install the mod simply did not have at 2048 any longer. There was no save game as yet and this 8192 TC was there from the games beginning of the third clean install.

I have also figured out a remedy for the eternal hiss you can get with a Tambor having had damage.

I had 8% damage and the hiss was ever present. I came across a Sentaka Dai fast submarine. I was going in for deck gun action at close range since it had no deck gun of its own.

At less than 2000 yards and supremely confident it wasn't capable of firing torpedoes I began to open fire. At 1500 yards she opened up with two machine guns which I ignored. Then my event viewer popped open.

This was odd since I had fired no torpedoes. It seems the Sentaka Dai was very capable of firing fish indeed. I turned into the fish and emergency dive and summarily got my bow blown off increasing my damage to 58%.

I came up to periscope depth fearing I was going to sink, locked onto the submarine and fired at 1200 yards hitting and sinking it. I surfaced and surveyed the damage which was minor and quickly repair save for the hull damage at 58%.

The nice thing was the torpedo that struck me STOPPED the hiss altogether. I continued on for another week and a half before making my way to Midway. I never allowed the boat to descend past 160 feet due to fear the damaged hull might collapse.

The only issue I have with the enemy submarine is that this took place in SEPTEMBER 1942 ... the Sentaka Dai was not even sent to sea until 1945. The submarine should not have been there.

I was offered my second chance to get a new boat back at Midway and promptly turned it down.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote