Old 03-09-19, 03:01 PM   #7710
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
The theme was custom.

Is the new boat option based on total tonnage, number of ships sunk, average of one or the other over a single patrol? What does the game base the award of a new boat on?
Now, several months ago, we thought we had that nailed down... Basically speaking, like everything else in the game, it does what it wants, when it wants. Near as we can tell though, top priority in awards is renown score. If you have enough points, you get the new boat, no matter what we've done to dates. There is what I'll call a "date constraint" that seems to be involved, such that if the boat is available in February 1943 (TMO Balao), that you might be awarded the boat as early as October (that we've found testing). FotRSU was set-up that way prior to v0.71. The problem lies in the awarding of a boat that is technically not "Available", and has no Objectives to assign yet. Since Mare was the first place the boat is to be available, the game sends you there, and since you don't have any active Objectives, it gives you the game's "default..." assignment, which is one of six missions to the East China Sea. If you then come back to your Home Port too soon, you most likely would get retired, if the game doesn't CTD before that... I don't know if this behavior has anything to do with the old "Early Retirement" fix that Ubisoft did for v1.3 (or was it v1.4??), or if it's just an all-round "propbeanie" mess-up with a date or a missing semi-colon somewhere. We are still looking. We thought we had fixed it by "opening up" the dates of the subs, but keeping the CareerStart menu the same. Not so, apparently. The boat comes even earlier now, and ~still~ crashes...

Of note however, is the fact that I looked at my dual-core desktop that has had trouble running the museum in Win7 64-bit. I had a MS theme that I "customized" with a family photo and "Saved" as the default. The screen resolution, and video and game are all set to 1980x1024. The photo is like 1024x768 or some such. Everything on the computer has been "sluggish" the last few months, and SH4 has been "laggy" more often than before. I just changed to a regular MS desktop theme, with everything from them, no "customization" at all. I can now run the Museum in SH4 again, and the game is smooth-running... I do not understand this. I used to work in computers all the time, and this make no sense to me. I do remember when Vista came out and they introduced the Aero Desktop, that a ~lot~ of software "gurus" recommended disabling the Aero Desktop because it affected performance. I had not encountered any issues with it in Windows 7 previously, but then again, I had never "customized" a theme with my own pictures either... - I'll try to do some more "testing" with the Aero Desktop on the other computers, and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
hey...just what powerplant does a Ko-Hyteki carry such that it can do 23 kts surfaced? man, i gots to get me one of those babies for my boat.

pic

I know it's not 100% reliable, but quick and easy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_A...lass_submarine
... and they do list 23 knots for a top speed, which they could do for like 30 minutes or more... Normal "cruise" speed was like 10 or 12... We've got other / better documentation for it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote