View Single Post
Old 02-25-19, 11:07 AM   #9245
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Forget Brexit time for a revolution in British politics it's time for the masses to wake up and bin this rotten out of date system for a system that works for us the voter.

STOP VOTING FOR THE SAME OLD WORN OUT WAST OF TIME PARTYS.

If we are still in the EU at the time of the EU elections I will not be wasting my time time bothering to vote, I got better things to do. And that goes for all elections.
Welcome to my club. There are so many more so very solid and reasonable, logical reasons not to vote, it is beyond my horizon why people still believe in this insane muppets operetta. I recommended him before, and now do again: check the books of Jason Brennan. He is one of the leading academics in politics and political history, the WP once called him the leading expert on the theme of elections and political education. He delivers full broadsides against the flawed logic of "democracy". So far I have not heard anyone being able to seriously put the base arguments of his reasoning and conclusions into doubt, which is even more difficult since he bases on a profound empirical basis. Thats why many people have foamy mouths when wanting to confront him, but they cannot. Needless to say, he extremely polarises, since "democracy" today is not only not correctly understood as what it really means, but also is the golden calf everybody dances around - and here comes him laughing about it... I however disagree a bit on his argument for epistocracy, but cannot offer a better alternative expect maybe Hoppe's concept of private rights societies. Like Hoppe, Brennan is better in showing the extreme weakness and corruption of the current paradigm, than in pointing out realistic and fully functional alternatives. This does not make their criticism less valid and less precious, though. Possible that I am not consistent enough in following his view of epoistocracy, its a radical approach that again demands quite alot of trust in man, trust that I have become very hesitent to provide. Political ideas that violate natural base ingredients of human nature, imo must fall and falter sooner or later - always. Meaning it well, is not enough. Appealing to people to be kind and altruistic for the sake of these traits, is meaningless. Wishing that man would not be so, but would just be something different, is a waste of time and energy, and ignores the driving principle behind the model of evolution.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Against-Dem...=jason+brennan

And I just see there is a new book by him. I will check if it will be published in German as well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-All-El...=jason+brennan

Quote:
Why you have the right to resist unjust government The economist Albert O. Hirschman famously argued that citizens of democracies have only three possible responses to injustice or wrongdoing by their governments: we may leave, complain, or comply. But in When All Else Fails, Jason Brennan argues that there is a fourth option. When governments violate our rights, we may resist. We may even have a moral duty to do so. For centuries, almost everyone has believed that we must allow the government and its representatives to act without interference, no matter how they behave. We may complain, protest, sue, or vote officials out, but we can't fight back. But Brennan makes the case that we have no duty to allow the state or its agents to commit injustice. We have every right to react with acts of "uncivil disobedience." We may resist arrest for violation of unjust laws. We may disobey orders, sabotage government property, or reveal classified information. We may deceive ignorant, irrational, or malicious voters. We may even use force in self-defense or to defend others. The result is a provocative challenge to long-held beliefs about how citizens may respond when government officials behave unjustly or abuse their power.
Are they certain that Brennan authored this book - and not me...?

Last edited by Skybird; 02-25-19 at 11:18 AM.