View Single Post
Old 02-18-19, 04:56 PM   #3
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I can't acquire the targets beyond 350m. By then I'm backing out full speed at varying angles under heavy fire, so I'd rather not spray torpedoes without a high likelihood of hitting. This is the only convoy of its kind i've found and the war's almost over.

I hoped radar might work but couldn't get a red solution light. Plus I have no idea what the odd appendage on the sub icon on the attack screen is - related to tracking, I assume, but it loops back 180 degrees. If I click PK, a white x appears at its end.

So I should bore into the convoy from the flank at 90 degrees using radar, select the nearest victim, add a click or two ahead to the torpedo spread, then fire blindly at a moderate depth setting, and hope for the best?

I have the Steam version but can't install the update or the 1.5 game on the current laptop. Once this career is over, I have stock 1.5 on the new laptop but I think I'll mod it first. Would be nice to have a Mark 16 laden Tench in 1941, assuming anyone's created that.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote