View Single Post
Old 02-17-19, 03:10 PM   #7529
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
PLEASE NOTE: Every upgrade to a new boat has only offered one (or two if the boat is set up for it) .50 Cal AA guns (that do not elevate), and a 3.5" deck gun. No other options for guns has ever been made available - no 20mm, single or double, no 40mm single or double, and no 4.5" or 5.5" deck gun! This the first time career-wise I've ever see the lack of progression in guns, and the first time I've ever been upgraded to a Tench class boat.

I'll try to upload the current boat configuration from the Office.
I mentioned that an attempt to stop the inability to receive a correct DG, in the position that the player wanted, was implemented. Surely you've played enough to know the game has always had an issue with allowing you to choose a Bow DG, but not giving it to you when the mission starts. I've attempted to correct this by not allowing a player to choose, but have the game decide for you. However, this apparently doesn't allow a "progression" of upgraded subs to carry over the equipment upgrades. As my example shown, you WILL get the correct equipment IF you start a Career at a different Start date, rather than trying to "progress" through the years starting from day one.

As I've already mentioned in this post, I've tried something else and it seems to do what I expect. It's going to be in the next release. So, look for a fix coming soon.

===========

Something though you pointed out bothers me. You stated this:

Quote:
On 02/21/1943 I was upgraded to the USS Saury (Sargo Class) after being reasigned to Brisbane.

On 07/11/1943 I was upgraded to the USS Balao (Balao Class) out of Brisbane.
You didn't get a Gato between jumping from a Sargo to a Balao?? That shouldn't be! No fault on your part, but that just shouldn't be.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote