Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMasterSteven View Post
Here's the mod list I tried using:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

Webster's Better Air Patrols for v1.4 and v1.5 (1)
Websters_Selected_New_Sou.5 (1)
Real_Environment_mod
Webster's Upgraded Deck Gun for v1.5

On the read-only solution (posted by torpedobait):

I click each mod folder and un-check read-only. However, if I go back to the SH4 install folder and go back to the folder that I just un-checked as read-only, the box is re-checked.

To show you what I'm talking about:

https://imgur.com/a/nnOJSgr

These pictures should show you what I'm going through. Again, if more details are needed, please ask.

One thing to note is that even after unchecking the Read Only box as you have done going back to the properties page will always show a shading in the Read Only box. That does not mean the files are again set to Read Only! If you get the message that the file or folder status has been reset, it has been.

Did you try reactivating the desired mods after running the Read Only reset? That's the only way to know it worked.

You are getting a lot of info from people who want to help, and I certainly don't want to add to any confusion. If it is of any use, these are the basic steps I use for a new SH4 v1.5 (with UBoat missions) install:

1. Delete the existing game folder;
2. Delete the SH4 folder from "My Documents";
3. Reinstall SH4 v1.5 to any folder other than Program FIles (I use D:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV);
4. Add a folder named "MODS" to the base SH4 folder (see #3);
5. Change the Properties of the base SH4 folder, including all sub-folders and files), to turn off Read Only;
6. Make a JSGME Shortcut for your Desktop and change its Properties to show the Target Location is where your JSGME.exe is located, and change the Target to start in your SH4 base folder, where the MODS folder is located;
7. Extract the mods you want to use into the MODS folder; to be safe I also undo the Read Only feature on all mods;
8. Run JSGME (which should now show the available mods you extracted) and activate the desired mods.

It should be ready to go at this point. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote