Old 02-17-19, 02:05 PM   #7528
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post

=========

So, you're saying you're in a Tench, April 1945, and you still have a 50cal Browning? Did you start the present game out in a Tench or was it awarded during a career? In other words, you're progressing through a career started before the April 1945 point you're at now?

The reason I ask, the game makes a distinction between carrying over from one patrol to another the equipment; which is different than starting a career game at a specific time. In April, 1945 the Tench gun setup SHOULD BE two mounted (Fore and Aft) 40mm Twin Bofors, and twin 5inch .25cal Canons (Fore and Aft, the Twin Cannons should come in March 2, 1945).

Using the Career "Beginning 1945" start date, while in-port, you should find this on the Crew Management page......Fore and Aft AA guns:

Over on the Weapons/Equipment page you should find the Tench has both 40mm Bofors listed, and the single Bow Mount 5 inch .25cal DG (this single Bow mount Cannon should run between Aug. 1, 1944 to March 1, 1945):

Accepting the mission, when the game starts you should find the correct guns loaded on deck:

AND, once you populate the Crew Slots on the Crew Management page, you should find the guns fully manned:

Like I said, this is what happens if you start a Career using the Tench at the "Beginning 1945" start date.

If you're carrying over a previously started Career and NOT getting upgraded, there's possibly something we can do to fix this, or maybe we can't. As the old TV used to read, "The trouble is not in your set due to network difficulties which are out of our control".

Goes to show another reason why the best thing for the game is to NOT play a saved Career from one time period to another. The game just can't keep track of itself! Get a large "saved" game going from one time period to the next, your asking for trouble.
Cap'n, I started a new career from a pristine reload of SH4 v1.5, adding FOTRSU v.80 RC2 as usual. As part of the reload I totally deleted the SH4 folder from "My Documents" before starting the current career. I do also add the "unmark" and "300 Foot visibilty" mods as I have done since the first release of FOTRSU; they have no effect on the game itself or on FOTRSU except for their designed funcions, of that I am sure.

My new career started on 12/8/1941 in the S-23 from Cavite/Manila. After the first patrol the base was changed to Surabaya, Java, and subsequently to Perth-Fremantle.

On 09/02/1942 I was upgraded to the USS Sturgeon (Salmon Class) while at Perth-Fremantle.

On 02/21/1943 I was upgraded to the USS Saury (Sargo Class) after being reasigned to Brisbane.

On 07/11/1943 I was upgraded to the USS Balao (Balao Class) out of Brisbane.

On 02/19/1944 I was upgraded to the USS Tench (Tench Class) and reassigned to Pearl Harbor.

Currently departing on my sixth patrol out of PH in the Tench.

PLEASE NOTE: Every upgrade to a new boat has only offered one (or two if the boat is set up for it) .50 Cal AA guns (that do not elevate), and a 3.5" deck gun. No other options for guns has ever been made available - no 20mm, single or double, no 40mm single or double, and no 4.5" or 5.5" deck gun! This the first time career-wise I've ever see the lack of progression in guns, and the first time I've ever been upgraded to a Tench class boat.

I'll try to upload the current boat configuration from the Office.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USS Tench Upgrades.jpg (37.9 KB, 6 views)

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote