View Single Post
Old 02-16-19, 11:48 AM   #10
abaileyatd
Sailor man

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

In SH3 without the real navigation I relied heavily on fast 90 with a 3:15 check or two. Now in SH5 with real navigation I find that process to be prohibitively cumbersome and have switched over to almost exclusively relying on the RAOBF which after some practice is amazing to use IMO...

As far as SH5 with having map contacts on etc, any manual TDC method or tutorial will apply, heck even tutorials from SH3 should still apply to SH5 as far as the TDC goes. The TDC is the TDC regardless of the game and the functions and principles should remain the same.

I really recommend all manual TDC'ers to give the RAOBF a try. I find that I can focus on maneuvering my boat into an attack position with no need for specific solution until much closer to the torpedo launch. I can rapidly acquire a solid firing solution from a wider variety of angles with RAOBF. I can typically stay off the map entirely for firing solutions now which gives me tremendous mental flexibility in the attack as well as more time for observation if necessary.

As far as actually inputting data acquired by any method into the TDC, the basic principle is when you lock the TDC it follows your scope/UZO updating the AOB. To spin the TDC dials manually you must unlock it. Ensure your scope/UZO stays on the same bearing (ie not tracking target) while you unlock the TDC or else you can mess up your AOB setting. Otherwise after you set your AOB, speed, and range you can re-lock the TDC, spin your scope around and rock and roll.
abaileyatd is offline   Reply With Quote