Old 02-13-19, 05:28 PM   #19
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

I do wonder about this though:

Why do you have GeForce GTX 770M Video drivers installed if you have an onboard Intel HD 4600?
Hi Propbeanie

I assume his system has a GTX770m GPU not just the driver which would be a bit strange if not. nutworld is a bit vague in that respect and it seems odd that a System analysis point to a Bottle necking HD 4600 which should not be relevant. I would check what is working by either Checking the Device manager under Display adaptors or type System in the search bar then display

So assuming thes PC has a GTX770m
The Intel HD 4600 won't even be do anything because of the GTX770m dedicated graphics card which will override it, its way more powerful
+ considered a High end GPU in its day the system will ignore the onboard graphics chip a GTX770m should handle SH5 on Max setting no problem

When Silent Hunter 5 first came out I had a GTX660 ( Desktop GPU) + an Intel i5 3570K. I got 60FPS most of the time maxed out maybe a little drop when rendering 30 ships or so. Its a little difficult to make an exact comparison, desktops have so many advantages over laptops. A GTX770m is about the same the CPU described may bottleneck slightly

Going back to the original post there is inherently a system bug which needs fixing it will be 100% solvable with a little patience unless there is a hardware defect which is highly unlikely, this can be verified by using the Task Manager and the Device Manager

To consider buying a new PC in the situation described is like scrapping a fairly new car because of a flat tyre

Without any feedback to suggestions I can't help

The worse case scenario would be to reinstall the Operating System but this would be after trying out many things first such as doing a System Restore to a point where there were no issues. From what I can tell is the memory is constantly running up to 100% this will cause Browser "AwSnaps" and system lockups. It should be no big deal to fix

Simon

Last edited by Cyborg322; 02-13-19 at 05:58 PM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote