View Single Post
Old 01-30-19, 03:44 PM   #6464
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalADCAP View Post
I trust the President knows a bit about the process and what is needed to make a quality wall.
I suspect that Trump has never taken Acquisition 101 nor is listening to anyone who had.

There is still a lot of stuff that has to be done before this wall can even be started. I hope that Trump does think that once congress appropriates the money that he can sole source a contract and start laying bricks the next week.

For a major acquisition effort like this, even if it gets an "emergency" priority has about a year's worth of reporting, evaluating, specing, more research before they can get to anywhere close to a contract. There are requirements that need to be investigated and documented, alternatives evaluated, designed that need to be finalized and a formal acquisition plan to be approved. All this takes time.

This is even ignoring the currently filed court cases which will also slow this down.

I seriously doubt that Trump is aware or even cares about how major acquisition programs are handled in the government. It is not the same as civilians building a hotel.