View Single Post
Old 01-21-19, 09:29 AM   #6355
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ oh i would not say "left" (whatever you think that is, i guess all that is not Trump course?) media are losing credibility, i would just say anyone representing an opinion diverting from the grand master is either maligned, fired or threatened to shut up.
Can you give any examples of that in any of the MSM outlets in the USA?

Quote:
Any neutral or common-sensed media are now challenged by people who absolutely know they are right, refuse to think critically, and have no idea of proper journalistic research.
Did you read Greenwald's article? Are you putting him in that category? Are you saying that certain media outlets are above criticism?

Quote:
Regarding Fox News, Breitbart or American Thinker the term "fake news" was created for them. That Trump stole it and tries to badmouth anything who dares to deviate from his absolute dogma does not mean that the rest of the world believes him, or his obsequious and uncritical reporting media.
Fake news is fake news. The fact that highly regarded outlets like CNN, MSNBC, the NYT and the Washington Post are now presenting articles without properly vetting them shows their anti Trump bias. The items Greenwald listed were all presented in the most serious manner only to fall apart when all the facts were made known. If that is not 'fake news' I don't know what is. And more importantly it is bad journalism and a complete lack of self awareness and admission of their political prejudice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
As for "fake news" and which "side" pushes more of them, perhaps a better comparison would be any single "left" media v any single "right" media instead of a top ten list from the past 2 years. Say, WaPo or CNN aganst Fox News. I would be willing to bet thet Fox News comes on top with most false stories published (and probably least amount of stories corrected/retracted as well).
Well if you can find any examples that are as ridiculously wrong as the ones that Greenwald cited I love to hear them. I'll wait.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke