View Single Post
Old 01-18-19, 11:02 AM   #6328
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Should those lay offs take place would it be viewed positively or negatively by the American public?

I think the public only cares to know what their favorite news outlet tells them. Unless they are directly affected by the shut down I doubt they fully understand or care. For many I fear its about the party and little else. As this article suggests it may take a catastrophe for a solution. But for now the public's daily dose of drama lies elsewhere. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...utdown/580639/

I've been a gub'nt employee most of my life. Having been in the U.S.C.G. you get pretty good pay and benefits, but you earn every freaking dime of it. When I worked as a national park ranger I saw quite a few (not all) people just milling about smartly pay check to pay check inventing ways to make themselves indispensable.

I am impacted by this shutdown in that I may not receive "reduced pay for reduced services" a.k.a. the military retirement at the end of this month. Will it hurt? Yes, as I included that money in life's decisions. But I also know it isn't a right but like anything dealing with the military only a privilege to receive one. I invest and save for such occasions but even that cant last forever.

I think EVERY elected official involved in this shut down boondoggle should remain at their job WITHOUT pay and benefits until this is resolved. And if layoffs are a motive behind this Id like them to find a better way than punishing everyone to fire few.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-18-19 at 11:23 AM.
Rockstar is online