Old 01-10-19, 01:56 PM   #18
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Hi Badileus and sorry for my late replies. Please find them below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badileus View Post
I found, that the file CR8C2.dds contains exactly these plates of the EER. If they are not needed elsewhere, they can be simply changed then, right? So, "Streuwinkel" -> "Spannungsregler" and "Entfernung" -> "Schaltautomat". There are two brighter plates labeled "Leistung". They shouldt be labeled with "Amp-Meter" and "Volt-Meter". But how to put them to the corresponding gauges (the 2 different scales: for Ampere and Volt)?
CR8C2.dds is not among the stock files, and I doubt that it is actually used in TWoS. It was probably created by the author of the interior mod included in TWoS, in hope that one day someone could import it in game: at that time there was no GR2 Editor at all.

Now we can do that, at least in theory

Can you send me that texture too?

Quote:
By the way, i noticed that some of the plates (CR9C2.dds, TWoS-Version) are nowhere correctly used, as far as i can see. Perhaps i missed something. These are:

"Frequenzbereich"
"Frequenzabgleich"
"Entfernungsskala"
"Abfragen/Einstellen"
"Null Stellen"

and "Schiffspeilung" is there twice . Perhaps they can be changed and used elsewhere.
Sure they can

Quote:
I noticed, that there are some other (bigger) plates on some devices, such as "Heizungs- und Teleskopbeleuchtung" in the CR. Donīt know if this one is correctly placed and where the source is. Is it perhaps possible to change the graphics of some devices and "paint" labeled plates on them, so that they are fixed and individual?
Not sure what you mean here. Could you please illustrate your question with a screenshot?

Quote:
I tried to change the black plates in the E-Engineroom (in the file CR8C_2.dds), and it seems to work! If i get no further problems, at least i am satisfied with the EER now (not tried changing the "Leistung"-plates yet). But better than nothing...
Well done!

Quote:
Can anyone perhaps tell me the optimal editing method for dds-files in SH5? I used Photoshop Elements 10 with a dds-plugin, but I am not sure if i have loaded and saved the file correctly. Here an image of my loading- and saving-dialogs.
You should check the 'Generate MIP maps' radio button and save as DXT5 (interpolated alpha). My suggestion is to redo your changes on a clean copy of the file, because with your current save settings, the alpha channel (used as specular mask) was lost.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote