View Single Post
Old 01-09-19, 07:54 AM   #8886
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
But what do you expect her to do now? There is nothing left she could do.The EU is where it wanted to be: in a position where it can mercilessly strangle the UK. May helped to achieve that position, and now cannot reverse that anymore. There will be no renegotiations- And with the recent defeat in parliament, she also cannot execute Brexit without a deal. Since she will not get another deal than the one there is now, and this deal will not pass parliament, Brexit thus can not happen.

Plain logic until here. But then, its politicians. Logic usually is the first victim in their manouvers.
One of these three outcomes...

1) A second referendum.
2) Remain.
3) General Election.

I wouldn't like to make a call on this but one thing I am confident of is the fact that relations between the UK and EU have deteriorated and will take a long time to repair.

EDIT: I should have included an extention of Article 50 in the above list but I'm wondering what point would an extension be if all parties are completely divided.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)

Last edited by Jimbuna; 01-09-19 at 08:38 AM.