View Single Post
Old 01-06-19, 05:32 PM   #7061
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
If you are having issues with Day-Night Cycles vs Time of Day (Base Time) after loading a save game while already playing FOTRSU.v* in Career mode, please read this post.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=28

I've done quite a bit of testing to verify that this is a FORTSU.v* issue in Career Mode. My testing shows that this issue does not effect War Patrols, Single Missions or Training.
I suspect this issue may have something to do with one, or a combination of FileManager.dll , MultiSH4 , and the way FOTRSU.v* interacts with FileManager.dll
I have tried having MultiSh4 rename my save folder SH4 but that didn't solve the issue. I think FileManager.dll may play a role in this.
It comes down to this, when in Career Mode in FOTRSU.v*, the save games "write" the correct data, and, "read" the correct data only the first time it is loaded, after that, loading or re-loading any subsequent "load game", it seems that there occurs an "incomplete reading" of the data. I've tried using an old archived copy of FileManager.dll. The game worked but the same issue persisted. I made sure that MultiSH4 was running as administrator. That didn't solve the issue.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Meanwhile, I can still play Career Mode FOTRSU.v80 making sure that I don't load one save game over another without first quitting and re-starting the game.

Now, where did I put my "Can o' Worms" opener?

I was unable to replicate this issue in either WOTP Vanilla, TMO/RSRD, and TMO/RSRD/OTC/ISP.

So it creates a Burn After Reading scenario. Fun. I recall the day night cycle always being odd since the the game went by base time only and did not take into account time changes across the map in its day night cycle. Would have been nice but I learned to ignore it.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote