View Single Post
Old 12-28-18, 03:33 PM   #6
Sorakiba
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by doksas View Post
Sorakiba, for torpedo, in data/library folder open Torpedo.zon file and change MinEF and MaxEF...but first open Torpedo.sim and see parent id for identification torpedo type you want to change.

For deck gun etc edit Shells.zon but also you must find parent id in GUNS_SUB.sim for weapon identification.

EDIT: First make backup if something go wrong !
Okay, I can open and edit them now... but... question... when I open Shells.zon and GUNS_SUB.sim, I can't find a matching "parent ID" in both files...

For example, in GUNS_SUB.sim, there are 11 entries... they are numbered evenly, beginning at #2... the next one is #4, then #6... ect... Each one of these have an "additional" entry, which are numbered with odd numbers (3, 5, 7, ect...) Both entries have "parent IDs", which are different....

However, even taking down the Parent ID of both entries, when I open Shells.zon, which has 49 entries of which each has an additional entry... I still haven't been able to match either Parent ID from GUNS_SUB.sim to an entry in Shells.zon ... Am I missing something? Did I just scan it too fast, and miss it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You would need S3Ditor for that. There are some older "tutorial" type of posts here on SubSim that can be found with a quick search on Google or similar with "site:subsim.com/radioroom S3Ditor". You could build yourself a mini-mod in the MODS folder and use JSGME to activate / de-activate it as you experiment.
Thank you. This let's me open and edit them
Sorakiba is offline   Reply With Quote