View Single Post
Old 11-29-18, 07:21 AM   #8665
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
With May deal the UK indeed has not much to say - but must stay obedient to EU legislations and regulations, and cannot negotiate new bilateral trade agreements with anyone outside the EU block, I seem to recall. It looses all rights, but keeps all duties, and for this even needs to pay many billlions of Euros as a farewell bill.

Without a deal it still has nothing to say,of course (its no member then anyomore) but must not keep EU laws and regulations, can internationally negotiate as it wants (which it cannot do under May's deal), and it most likely will not pay any divorce bill at all.

The status of the UK being a submissive, paying vasall without any say on any matters could be extended as long as the EU wants, if the backstop option gets pulled by the EU. This will be decided on by the EU court, and England shall have no say on that as well.

From an English position, this deal is suicidal and insane. Its a total and complete surrender and puts England completely at the mercy of Brussel.

Insane and suicidal, are the words to keep on mind here. I must meet the UK in the future with great contempt if it agrees to such a desaster, I'm sorry to say. I would find it most disappointing, or better: desillusionising if the UK agrees to this.

Honestly said, as the UK I would pull the intel and security card and threaten to coimnpletely switch off any intel exchange programs. The UK intel sevrice is a major player surpassing kost European powers in thsi regard, and the rest of Europe benefits muich more from the capaicty mof thegnopsib services than theEnglish benefit from feedback from the continent. In times of cyberwarfare, Ialamic trerrorism, Russian new ways of atypöicvla warfare an dChinese econo9mic spiu9onage, this isa a very tough card to play that cannot be iognored. I would also threaten to leave the NATO block.

Its now high time tos tart playing real hard and brutal - like th eEu did form all beginning on. All that soft sweety whispers and hopes paid off for nothing. Lets get top the facts, and the fact is that the EU has used its power to all extenct, has not made any seriosu concession and now threatens to pull the UK completely over thr table. And May, this carricature of a thinking mind, even bends over and lets everythign happen, calling this the best option of all. By history, i have a very different image and impression of the English mentlaity and poride, but maybe I live as somebody who has fallen out of time.

Let the Germans pay for all this, they are dump enough to do so and it makes them happy and allows them to feel that they are collecting heavenly scoring points for the afterlife. The more self-sacrificing they can be, the better they feel.
Spoken like a true Brit

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)