Thread: Crazy Snooker
View Single Post
Old 11-25-18, 12:24 PM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Could it be you need both? Potting skill and positional, tactical skill?

Potting on a norma bar table in 8 ball pool, is one thing. Potting on a snooker table is something very different.

It gets even worse if you have bad eyesight and your eyes differ by 3 diopters, like mine at that time. Already a handicap on small tables - on a snooker table: much worse, the brain messes it up, since both images in both eyes differ significantly in size, and when aiming along a queu and at distant balls, you notice it. - Today both eyes are equally bad. Also, I lacked the needed hand preicison. Small errors you get away with in pool and on small and medium tables, will not be forgiven on a snooker table.

Anyhow, I do not miss the pain in my back so often, so I'm quite happy with how it is. No pool in my life anmyore. And where for exmaple table tennis in VR can work superbly, recreating pool/snooker/billiards in VR does not work. You get some kind of gameplay and nice looks, yes: but it has nothing to do with billiards. Pinball, on the other hand, also works excellent in VR.

However, if you have never tried Virtual Pool 4 (not VR it is, 2D), try it. Its very good, and if the mouse gets correctly set up, you will dose power pretty much like you do in real life with a queu, you need space on your table then. The physics are outstanding. Its one of my all time favourites.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-25-18 at 12:36 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote