View Single Post
Old 10-24-18, 08:10 AM   #658
jonnymorris
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Support Ahoy hoy!

Hi, not new to Silent Hunter or SubSim forums but new to SH5 so here I am introducing myself. A while ago I played through a campaign on SH3 which didn't end well for me and my crew (RIP) once the enemy started getting good at detecting me, I was playing with the LSH megamod which I enjoyed very much, started again with the GWX mod but didn't get very far (also the game crashed occasionally which was frustrating). I picked up Silent Hunter 4 on DVD from a charity shop but haven't played it yet, had a bit of SH fatigue.

After a bit of a break from SH I've just now picked up Silent Hunter 5 on DVD from a charity shop (50p!), hoping to patch away the 'always online' DRM and improve the game in all sorts of ways from the get-go before I start playing, so will be reading the 'get started' threads here. I already have a Ubisoft account which I used for The Division.

Would be really good if I can get my head around manual targeting solutions and such, watched an excellent YouTube video on the subject but most of it still went over my head, the guy made it look so easy. Guess I wouldn't have passed the Commander's exam back in the day!
jonnymorris is offline   Reply With Quote