Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 10-22-18, 03:03 PM   #6662
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post

*The ">" or "<" keys (don't use the Shift key) will take you to any rendered ship unit (starting with your own sub), then progress through the possible rendered units until it get's back to the original sub. As the next version will do, the "Arrow" keys will move the camera "forward/back"; "left/right"....once again with no limit on how close you can get to the unit displayed. Depending on whether you have your "Num Lock" On/Off, the 8 or 2 keys on the Key Pad will move the camera forward or back; keys 4 or 6, left/right; keys 7 or 1, up/down; keys 9 or 3, "pan camera" up/down....again with no close-in restrictions. It will now move right through a target if you wish. Although we don't call it an "External Camera", I believe this is what you're referring to? How do you go to your "External Camera" if it's not through the Next/Previous keys?

I hope this explains the different camera setups in Ultimate, and what they do. At least, what they will do with the next release of the Beta.

scurv,

thanks. this is really excellent.

so....followup question time.
i have noticed that in some mega mods the External Camera has different features/qualities.

for example, i am playing TMO+RSRD and when i am viewing the External Camera and press either left or right arrow, the POV rotates on a point somewhere on my sub (let's say the foreward hawse pipe). so, when i pressed <> the display would move away from the ship being viewed and show what was either in front or in back of the ship i was originally viewing. AND, when i change views and then return to the External Camera, wherever i was looking, i am still look there. no reset of view.

when i played OpMonsun last month, that same key combo rotated the POV around the ship being displayed such that i could see all sides.

the keystrokes in Command.CFG are exactly the same so.........what is different?

thanks, pal.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote