Old 10-04-18, 06:25 PM   #4547
EddieLyons
Watch

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
First of all, "Welcome to SubSim EddieLyons

2nd of all, as you can tell, you are a day early and a neutral ship short now... and yes indeedy, the IDL is the culprit. This begs the question, which version of the Pre-Pearl mod did you install? The game did initially have issues with the IDL, but that was taken care of relatively early in the "patch" cycle...

3rd of all, if you want a Pre-Pearl that works, look no further than the fellow above's (Bleiente) signature for his "Ralles RealModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC". He incorporates RSRDC and OTC into the mod on top of TMO, and it is really a nice mod.

Ahoy, yourself, propbeanie (and Bleiente, too!).

I'm using Pre-Pearl Harbor for TMO, so the two relevant messages about the attack on PH and the order to wage unrestricted warfare are from that campaign. It would appear that the timing of those messages doesn't take account of which side of the IDL you start from.

Mind you, the same thing happened when I was familiarising myself with vanilla SH4 a few weeks ago -- the same two messages came on 7 Dec rather than 8 Dec when I set out from Manila using the version of the Pre-Pearl Harbor for the stock game.

So I take it the timing of the messages would need to be edited somewhere in the files for the Pre-Pearl Harbor missions that commence from Manila? Any suggestions as to which file(s) would need to be edited?

Also, thanks for the suggestion about Bleiente's mod package. I'll take a look. Would the Pre-Pearl Harbor starts be compatible? Like I said, I like to get in some peacetime sailing before things start to heat up!
EddieLyons is offline   Reply With Quote