Thread: SSBNX
View Single Post
Old 10-01-18, 07:53 PM   #1
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default SSBNX

While doing some further research on modern submarines -- LA-class and above -- I came across some interesting photographs, which I've posted. Namely, in my opinion, is the arrangement of the stern planes. And, in at least one published photograph, a submarine of apparent Virginia class with the same stern plane arrangement -- an X-arrangement. As well, according to published data, the SSBNX -- Ohio-class replacement program -- utilizes a propulsor (note, not a propellor) similar to the Virginia class. Numerous other interesting additions and changes.

I know SSBN's don't fight other submarines -- as has been written about here and elsewhere -- but they are equipped to fight, or return a fight (return fire). I might be worth considering adding the SSBNX to this game. Maybe?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ssbnxposter.jpg (105.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg ssbn-x-image5.jpg (80.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg ohioreplacement2.jpg (91.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Ohio_class_replacement_submarine_16x9.jpg (51.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Ohio Replacement model compare.JPG (89.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg ohioreplacement.jpg (20.2 KB, 20 views)
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote