View Single Post
Old 09-30-18, 11:27 AM   #1
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
Default A Mod Idea For Auto TDC

I’m having so much fun with SH-5 (WOS of course!) And I very much enjoy the real navigation aspect. And for years now I’ve been doing manual plotting and manual torpedo solutions.

I wanted to try to play the game in a new way however!

I simply spend a ton of time manual plotting and I think it doesn’t really simulate the fact that I have a large crew helping you out. Especially when you’re working with real navigation and no map contacts. So if I just want to be a captain on a few patrols I should just turn on the auto TDC correct? This way I can still do real navigation and I can have map contacts off. Well the problem I have with that is the auto TDC is 100% correct all the time isn’t it? I have to admit I have not tested it all too much but as far as I know all I do is point the crosshairs on the target and I have a 100% solution. Am I wrong here? I’ve never use automatic TDC. Then I remember the way it used to be done in the original ACES OF THE DEEP game. I was wondering if there could be a Mod where I select a target and my crew starts working on a solution. It takes factors such as range, weather, night and day lighting conditions, crew experience, etc. The solution would improve the longer my crew is working on the target. It would start at about 10% and depending on the conditions would either slowly or quickly rise up to as high as 95% solution. This way I can just be a captain and my crew can work on the solution for me in a realistic manner.

Taking a quick snapshot? Your crew may only have a 50% solution!
Been tracking that convoy for two hours now just out of sight? The solution would be around 90%!

What do you guys think? This way I think would be fun to be more of a captain on the boat but still have a realistic aspect of the game. Is this Mod already done or is this already simulated in the game?

Last edited by Lanzfeld; 09-30-18 at 11:43 AM.
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote