View Single Post
Old 09-22-18, 04:58 PM   #8281
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
As Brexit stands at the present moment batten down the hatches its going to get ugly next March.
Nah... You will get what you asked for. The UK will immediately transmute to Eden (Well maybe a bit colder, more rainy, and more foggy) and the continent will remain the quarreling, corrupt bunch led around by the nose by the Germans. Am I right?

As an European that used to cross the German-Belgium border twice a day on my way to grammar school and back, lived in the Netherlands for eleven years, and spent a couple of months at Sheffield and Glasgow University I'd like to put it this way:

Though most of my friends and colleagues (from BE, NL, UK, GER, ESP, POR, ITA) and me usually disagree on what the EU stands for, is capable of today and will probably be able to achieve in the future, we not only all agree that Brexit is the most birdbrained, defiant move the Brits have ever made, but also that the UK's conduct of negotiations since then has been nothing but perky, naive cherry picking.

Whenever I came across the canal in the past I met sincere, decent people with a good sense of humor, healthy pragmatism and unerring political instinct on the other side.

What the hell has happened to you?