Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 09-07-18, 02:34 PM   #6561
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

[QUOTE=CapnScurvy;2567759]With this report, I wanted to re enact what captcrane did, so I could see for myself? However, I did not have the "no slot" issue for a newly purchased "Bow" deck gun!? After docking in Fremantle port, with a "Bow" gun purchase, I found there were slots for the crew on the Crew Management page, with the correct "label" of "Fore Deck Gun" for the slots.

Although I see in the above image, the crew slots ARE missing, but so is the correct "label"....it reads "Aft Deck Gun"?? So, I'm somewhat hesitant to bring this up but, I think there was something else going on here besides the mod having a bad day?!? We talked about it earlier....Mod Soup? Not that his only other mod (Bigger Better Protractors) would cause the trouble...NO, I don't think so! BUT, was the SH4 file cleaned out before playing the Ultimate mod?? A leftover .upc file that gummed up the works?? Maybe!

The bottom line is I couldn't get the Deck Gun slots to NOT appear as they should. With several tries, at several different bases. Maybe a good 'ol "Restart" of the game would have corrected the issue....I just don't know?

Ahoy CapnScurvy Sir I can confirm it was a fresh install of sh4. When I start Sh4 I do a clean install. I delete the old one through the control panel and also select to get rid of old files which takes care of the Sh4 folder in the documents folder I also check to make sure it's gone. Then restart my computer. Load in Sh4. Restart the computer then add mods ( which are awesome) I actually started in Surabaya then was transferred to Fremantle. I have to say I don't know if a restart would have fixed it. Crapola didn't think of that I might have just said damn and scrapped everything. I am currently back in 1941 out of the Philippines. But have no problem starting a new game back in Surabaya. Just enjoying the heck out of the game!
captcrane is offline   Reply With Quote