View Single Post
Old 07-23-18, 06:35 AM   #37
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
So guys, you are saying that auto targeting as seen in this video, with self adjusting firing solutions when ship is in sight and without any need for target marking/locking or OFEV tinkering, works only for me and no one else? Did I understand that right?

First, in your video you are so close to enemy that you don't need to ID the ship, you can use eyeball with its flag. So you can skip my a) above.

I don't know what you do exactly in your video (I did watch it in the past), but if you simply point and fire then you have no control about WHERE on the ship your torpedo will hit, it will always hit dead center. If I fire 2-3 torpedos I don't like them hitting at the same place.

If you watch the dials, you will see that the numbers are only updated if you unlock the target after locking it. So the right sequence is not point-and-fire, but lock target/unlock target/aim/fire.
By no way will a beginner of the SH series figure this out by himself! But yes, by following your method he will at least hit the target and doesn't need to 'lead the aim' for a precise location hit.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-23-18 at 06:51 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote