View Single Post
Old 07-20-18, 10:54 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default About Stauffenberg - a cult that has gone (a bit) wrong

https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=

Its not really the first time that the memory of Stauffenberg gets put into question, this has been done - with good and not that much different arguments - before. But usually this is seen as a sacrileg here in Germany and thus such critical reflection is voiced with reducent volume and cautious tone, not to raise to much controversy. But that Stauffenberg was no enthsiastic defender of the democratic idea and indeed wanted to make a peace where Germany could honourably leave the battlefield more or less as an equal amongst equals, is not really a big secret anymore.

I was suspicous about this cult already in my school days, and once had a serious collision with my history teacher about it, askinmg too many questions that were not allowed by the book. It ended with me standing in the bureau of the school director (not for the first time). He talked a lot to me to make me correcting my views, opinions, statements which already back then were quite critical violations of the mainstream, especially religions since always have tripped my wires. I'm proud to say: all the man's preaching and threatening was in vain.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-20-18 at 11:03 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote