View Single Post
Old 07-20-18, 05:20 AM   #9
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
You can lay that guilt trip all you want. Africa and Middle Easts problems don't all stem from Western exploitation and meddling. That's simply not true. Both the middle east and Africa have many cultural norms and internal disputes that pre-date western colonization and intervention or have remained unchanged by it. The Suni's and Shia's have been fighting each other for best part of the last two thousand years. How is that 'Americas fault?'

Remember India, Hong Kong and much of south east Asia was also colonized by the west - Japan was even Nuked by the west, yet somehow they are all doing pretty good. At some point you must recognize the agency of those people to collectively choose their own destiny. To do otherwise is to infantlize them as helpless, incapable victims, which is a form of bigotry in itself.

Secondly, Migrants are fine but they need to enter a nation though the proper channels not just climb the fence. That is illegal in just about every nation on earth. Why does the EU have to be the exception? regardless of history. Nobody has a Right/Entitlement go and live in what ever nation they damn well please with complete disregard for the nations borders and laws.

Thirdly, mass migration from the Middle East and Africa is having an inevitable social impact on host nations. You think our children should pay the price for our Parents and Grandparents mistakes?
Multi cultural society's can work great, but only when those joining them are ideologically diverse (Race is irrelevant - unless your a far right/ far left moron) and are able to support/abide by the host nations laws and culture to some degree.

The people making a fuss about migrants are many of the working class people on whose communities the migrants are dumped on by the authorities.
While many of the progressive the middle class (living in nice neighborhoods) are very pro Migrant of course, they have no problem with other people paying for their morality.

Its not rocket science, I plan to migrate to Spain in a few years, that means I must learn Catalan language and culture - so that I can integrate and be accepted, Not arrogantly demand everyone else learns to understand British Culture and speak English to make feel included- What hell kind of sense of entitlement is that?
Well put Francis, I'm surprised Merkel hasn't warranted a mention yet.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote