View Single Post
Old 07-12-18, 07:32 AM   #493
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Not sure at which time I'll be heading off tomorrow for the weekend so I'll post this day already this week.

7 July 1943

Finns begin to uncover the aftermath of a July 4 partisan attack on the village of Viianki in Suomussalmi region.

15 civilians and three soldiers were killed in the attack.

The village of Malahvia, only couple of kilometers south of Viianki, was also attacked on the 4th resulting in the deaths of 5 civilians and 1 soldier.

Finnish daily losses: 16

Bodies of civilians killed in a partisan attack in the village of Viianki are being dug from beneath the rubble.

!!!CHILD WARNING!!!
https://i.imgur.com/ATI4qN8.jpg
Likely Silja Orvokki Kinnunen, 4, who died after a hand grenade severed her left leg. (Viianki)

Civilians in the Suomussalmi region are given rifles to defend themselves from the partisans.

8 July 1943

3.D/Uhtua area: Civilians working the fields 27km east of Hyrynsalmi were shot at by an enemy patrol, no losses reported.

44 of 47 POWs who escaped from German custody in the Uhtua area have been apprehended or killed.

Finnish daily losses: 10

Log bunker under construction. (Karhumäki)

9 July 1943

Aunus Group: Enemy patrol crosses river Svir by boats near Lotinapelto and capture a Finnish sentry.

Finnish daily losses: 19

10 July 1943

Aunus Group: Finnish artillery destroys an enemy base on the shore of lake Ladoga.

Finnish daily losses: 18

Graves of unknown casualties of the Winter War. (Kollaa)

11 July 1943

Aunus Group: 71 enemies have been killed by Finnish snipers 1.-10. July.

The Finnish SS-Volunteer Battalion is disbanded. Of the 1400 volunteers 256 were killed, 12 went missing and 686 were wounded.

Finnish daily losses: 16

The German SS uniform has changed to a Finnish one. SS-volunteers at Hanko.

12 July 1943

AOK Norwegen: Four enemy planes are shot down in the Vardö - Kiberg area.

Finnish daily losses: 15

Half a kilometer long log bridge across the Sapasuo swamp. (Maaselkä)

13 July 1943

Maaselkä Group: Enemy attack near Liistelampi repelled.

Finnish daily losses: 27
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote