View Single Post
Old 07-05-18, 08:03 AM   #7987
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Yes this is self-evident, even in the EU.
And England also has those rules, they have never been changed. What changed is you want to put a cap on overall immigration numbers, not distinguishing between those in need, and criminals. Farage and Trump just want to block them all.
I'm not in the least bit interested in what Farage or Trump spout out, I'm on about taking control of our own borders and who can and cannot enter.

The UK joined the EEC to partake in freedom of trade initially, not what has evolved since, the EU dictating what laws we must adhere to and total freedom of movement (Sky has already adequately explained that).

If someone wants to come to the UK then they should be prepared to meet the criteria of our sovereign government who control our sovereign territory.

The criteria would and should include what skills they have to offer as in 'are they going to be an asset or a liability on an already overstretched welfare system'?

Those at risk in their own country must also be given condideration but every case would be decided on individual merit/circumstances.

I don't take any political side on this matter but the UK will hopefully take back her borders and law making processes soon and it is not before time.

A British rural proverb: "My house, my rules".

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online