View Single Post
Old 07-05-18, 03:16 AM   #7985
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
To encapsulate the two posts above, for me, it is simple.....forget about race, colour or religion. If you are 'illegal' then you should go or be forcibly removed if all else fails.
^ Yes this is self-evident, even in the EU.
And England also has those rules, they have never been changed. What changed is you want to put a cap on overall immigration numbers, not distinguishing between those in need, and criminals. Farage and Trump just want to block them all.
Criminal immigrants from other countries can and could always be sent back, or to jail. Where is the change in sovereignty and border control when you just put laws in effect that already exist? IMHO any aggravation and expecially eugenic rhethorics are morally indefensible.

You can say about it what you want, Nigel Farage or Dump's rhethorics are trying to connect adjectives like illegal and criminal to the word immigrant, and they know well that if this is being repeated often enough, people will do it automatically, in their mind.
Of course it is all clad in patriotism, pride, abusing instinctive fear of foreigners. This is why those arsonists are so dangerous. I had just thought 'we' had overcome it.

When Farage had so much success in England and lead to brexit, it was like you ride with a decade-old friend, who suddenly explains he has always been a Nazi and welcomes their views. Wow. Just wow!
Exagerrated of course, and no you are not Nazis, but this is the feeling that most in Europe and obviously around 50 percent of the people in England experienced, after Brexit and Trump. And Victor Orban. And Poland's PiS party. And Turkey. And so on. The bubble bursted. What we had taken for granted never was, and it is all like the 1930ies again.

Whatever comes of it, i doubt the immigrant wave which is already ebbing away will lead to the downfall of the occident. Problems yes, maybe crisis yes (though i still have to see westerners really suffering and starving because of it), but the rest of us will not run away when there's a bit of trouble on the horizon, after decades of prosperity and no wars.
I might add that there is some reason for the migration from e.g. Syriah, or Iraq. I might also add we should just maybe charge those countries who are responsible for that.. and then make up a new bill.

I do not like Merkel, but when it comes to that i have to say just of all this stubborn stance makes me a bit proud. Still we have to carry the can for others' interventions only serving their own selfish policies, economical and political.

Merkel will probably be gone soon, and then Germany still has a lot of right wing racists and Nazis just waiting for their chance.

And what will stay when the immigration crisis is long gone, are the right wingers, the abuse of propaganda, racist hate, and the rough awakening that mankind still consists of uneducated, dumb animals falling for whatever demagogue.

As this german rural proverb says, "Jeden Tag wird 'ne andere Sau durchs Dorf getrieben"

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-05-18 at 05:22 AM.