View Single Post
Old 06-25-18, 06:23 PM   #3
Greystone
Sparky

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

Hi TiberiusoftheSea;
Sorry it took so long to respond; I couldn't locate Carnovaro's Document Collection, but found the answer's so obvious it didn't occur to me: type the names in a major search engine.
Usually I'd find something that'd give ma a good sense of what the component was or did.
It was the Metox item (radar detector) that I was looking for; the Sunderland attacks in the dead-of-night were getting to me..
Silly me, though, I installed the Metox during the same port layover that I put in for a transfer to the 29th flotilla in the Mediterranean, where there's apparently no radar guided night attacks to worry about.
First thing I noticed in the Mediterranean was the color of the water; a much more vibrant blue than the North Atlantic. Water's also much more calm. I've only been there for about a week, and, I never thought I'd say this, but I've found a place where the endless tedium & boredom of trying to locate a target surpasses even where I was before (Brest). I think I'll transfer back to the less maddening search and destroy of the North Atlantic. Maybe I'll creep into the maw of a British port & try my luck first though..
Greystone is offline   Reply With Quote