View Single Post
Old 06-12-18, 06:56 AM   #1770
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Thank you for sharing your trials and growing concerns with your son ...

Do you consider your son handicap or does that not apply to autism?

The seed thought I have from your night with your son is that perhaps more games could be designed for handicap people to play to increase the mental challenges to growth in a mature world that mocks autistic children.

Games that are just for handicap people don't even seem to be available. Perhaps there is not enough interest, but I would love to have a side kick for future tank, plane or sub sim games.

Sports games for example should have an option for handicaps to the opposite party if say they are a female lol

The games tailored to those that are Autistic, handicapped or developmentally delayed seems to be a great idea. I'm not sure how much of a market there is for games like this but it seems to be a much better use of time instead of games where you graphically kill each other.

I know basically nothing about Autism but as Eichhörnchen said, it can vary greatly from one person to another. We had dinner out one night and I saw an older man with his Autistic grand daughter. The young girl, maybe 5, was sitting in a high chair, working an I pad with ease. I spoke with the grandfather later and commented that his grand daughter was working the I pad much better than I do. He laughed and said the same thing. The young girl in my opinion, was functioning at a very high intellectual level. I don't think those with Autism are functioning at a diminished intellectual capacity at all. It's more about impulse control and other things. He was obviously proud of his grand daughter and obviously has high hopes for her.

Maybe technology like computers can help those afflicted with Autism and the like. My fears would be that computers if their use is unregulated, might push these people further into their own world.

I said it before, Eichhörnchen. Lawrence is lucky to have you and Moira as his parents.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 06-12-18 at 07:17 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote